Jesse and Me
These are the 6 of us that where there Thursday.
Kristi and Me
Friday, we hung out on the beach ALL DAY LONG and it was the bomb.com. We played, we talked, we enjoyed some cocktails, we just had a blast. And Friday night we tore Orange Beach up to say the least. We went and ate at a restaurant in Zeke's Landing that was de-lish, and FYI, I ordered TWO rolls of sushi!! Hannah and I split one and I ordered another for my meal! I know, go me, right? I'm really starting to have a taste for it...but only the cooked stuff. This is the whole gang - Kristi, Jesse, Hillery, Me, Hannah, Jeannine, Jennifer, Abby, Crystal and Katie


We had a little girl ask if we were having a princess party because she wanted to join. And then a group of guys told me "Happy Birthday". Yeah, you wish, son.

Before we went to dinner that night, Hannah came to me like this:
All the girls had compiled a scrapbook of our many, many years and memories together. It was so incredible and it made me boo-hoo. I seriously have the best friends that I could ever ask for and absolutely could NOT function without them in my life. I am blessed beyond words to be a part of such a wonderful group of people.
After the scrapbook Hannah gave me an envelope that had extra pictures and letters that everyone had written. I had to put the letters down though because my make-up was already starting to run and there's no way I could've made it through those at that point in time. But I did read them the next morning and cried all over again.After dinner we went to FloraBama and all I can say is HOLLER AT YA GIRLS! We were the life of the party. Along with the tiaras and sash, girls had also brought games for us to play while we were out. One was a spin the wheel game and you had to do what the arrow landed on - truth, dare, skip turn, Bride's choice, etc. There were truth and dare cards for those and they were hilarious! Some examples: "Get a tattoo drawn on you by a stranger." "Turn one article of clothing inside out." It got interesting.
Also, we had the FUNNIEST thing happen. One of the strangers that participated in the above mentioned games fell in love with Katie, so he decided he was going to do a "fake proposal". He went up and talked to the band, they stopped and introduced him on stage, and he got up there and said, "Hi, my name is Bobby. I'm here with my girlfriend Katie. We've been together for about 3 years now and she's my best friend. Katie, will you come up here for a minute?" Then Katie gets on stage, he gets on one knee and people are GOING WILD!!!! Cameras are flashing everywhere, video cameras are being held up, she says "yes" and it's just a roar of screams and hollers. It was freakin' priceless and probably one of the highlights of the whole trip. When Katie got down, girls flocked to her asking to see her ring. It was a huge turquoise ring Bobby had borrowed from Jeannine, so it looks nothing like an engagement ring. So awesome.
Keep in mind they've only known each other for about, um, 2 hours.
We tried to make it to the beach again on Saturday, but the wind was blowing out of control. We could have handled the coolness the breeze brought, but we couldn't handle the amounts of sand beating into our skin. We stayed for a couple of hours and then made our way back up to the pool. There we did the same things: visited, played games, enjoyed the sunshine and each other companies. We also met a couple from Tennessee who were staying at our condo. They brought down a bottle of Tennessee blackberry wine and GAVE it to me. She said they had brought it for them but wanted me and my girls to enjoy it and it was my getting married gift. Sweet, huh?
Saturday night we had dinner at LiveBait and then went BACK to FloraBama. Oh yes sir we did! Although some people didn't make it, and we all went home in shifts. I didn't stay out as late as others, but I definitely got my party shoes on for a little while.

We made it back home Sunday safe and sound with a gazillion stories and sayings that will last a lifetime.....we have this road trip ritual now....Kristi brings a notepad and anything funny/stupid/witty/worth writing down gets put in the notebook. We have several of them and they are HIlarious.I know this post is long and I'm sorry, but there are just so many memories made and stories to tell.
P.S. Tomorrow starts single digit countdown until the wedding. Whoa.

No comments:
Post a Comment