It's actually pretty great right now. If you would have told me this time last year what all was to come in the next 365 days, I would have told you to go run for the Mayor of Crazytown. Let's recap, shall we?
- Dad decides to run for state representative. Dad and boss run against each other in election. Dad and boss run against each other AGAIN in a run-off election. Dad wins and becomes state rep. for District 12.
- Husband left. Marriage dissolved.
- A few months later, I'm thrown for a loop, things are looking up and my life is changed forever, although I didn't know it at the time. More on that later. (To clarify, my life was obviously changed forever when he left; however, I just did not know the blessing that was to come.)
- LSU looses to Alabama in the BCS National Championship game.
- Crystal, best friend since childhood, moves to Washington state.
- Served divorce papers....at my work.
- Nick dies.
- My brother makes a life-altering decision that would change his life and our family's life for the better.
- Cousin dies.
- Hillery gets married and is having baby #1. Hannah is having baby #3 and moving back to Ruston. Missy is having baby #1. All 3 are due within 2 months of each other.
Now, this way-condensed version of my life is the super duper shortened version. There are numerous other things here and there that have happened - work, personal life, friends, family, fights, drama, etc. But I may just lose my cool if I have to relive some of those times again.
All of that to say that now, my life is happy again. I feel different. I feel loved and appreciated and happy and excited about the future. I no longer live in constant emotional turmoil. And that, my friends, is a blessing in itself. In the last year, I have grown more in my faith than I could have imagined. I'm telling you, I would NOT be where I am without the unfailing Love of my God. I
relied rely solely on Him. And HE never fails.
Enough of that. I want to get back to regular posting and updating the blogosphere. I promise I'll try to be more light-hearted in my future posts. And I have some ideas for some good ones, so we'll see where they go. :)
*****************************
If you know me at all, I am not much of a cooker. I mean, if it comes in a box with everything you'll need in it, I'm game. However, the past couple of months I have felt an urge every now and then to try something different. It doesn't happen very often, but it has happened and here is the proof....
 |
| Smothered pork chops with gravy. What? |
 |
| Chicken Spaghetti. I boiled the whole chicken myself. And I used the left over to make homemade chicken salad. |
 |
| Baked fish |
 |
| Fajitas. (I've made this before, and I used frozen fajita chicken. Throw me a bone.) |
We have made two wonderful trips to stay at the camp (which happens to be a house boat) on the Ouachita River. It's so peaceful and I have come to love it. The first time we (Well, the boys did, Hillery and I just enjoyed the sunshine and boat rides) set up yoyo's and trot lines and caught some catfish! (If I am going to be completely honest, I had to ask if it was "trout" line or "trot" line before I posted this. What of it?) We just cooked those fish this past weekend and they were delish.
 |
| If anyone ever finds this anchor in the river, there will be no question about who made it. |
And now I'd like to introduce you to Hunter. He's a weenie dog, or a Dachshund, whichever term your prefer. He is so super cute and so funny to watch. He runs as fast as he can around the yard and jumps and leaps and his little ears are just-a-floppin'. If you're standing still, he will lay on top of your feet like he just can't get close enough. No really, on top of them.
 |
| We took him fishing and he enjoyed the crickets most of all. |
 |
| He will run up and before he even gets to you fall on his back so you can rub his belly. Maybe that's why he sleeps like this? |
 |
| We took Ginger and Brice to the zoo. It was fun, especially with two little ones, but it was HOT. |
 |
| There is no denying the kid loves his Uncle Robbie. And I think this picture proves the feeling is mutual. |
 |
| All I can say is he can cook. Yummy! |
 |
| The girls after Hillery's wedding. I love these women more than words. |
 |
| Mr. & Mrs. Stone |
 |
| Crystal came home for a visit from Washington. We had a wonderful girls night out, but we missed the ones that couldn't be there! |
 |
| When you have a Wii baseball tournament with two kids, this is what your trophy looks like. And they know I'm terrified of spiders. Good thing I didn't win this one! |
 |
| Brice tearing up Uncle Robbie's birthday cake after a fun day of family and swimming. |
.JPG) |
| This was from 1999 when Mom and Wade got married. I always loved this picture because of the way Robbie and I are standing. Same stance, same posture, and both biting the right side of our lip. I know we are alike in so many ways, and this just sums it up. |
 |
| I miss this kid. I am so thankful that I can still have a relationship with her. |
So there you have it, folks. The wonderful life of Sarah. And now I am trying to push through the next few days to be rewarded with a beach vacation with some of the most awesome people I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment