8/2/13

Life in Pictures

I haven't updated in 5 months, and here is a run-down of why.  In the past 8 months, we have:

Built a closet:
 
 
 
 Yes, it's just mine.  Jason still has his own.  And I LOVE it.  I just have to work on filling it up now. :)

 We have spent countless hours at ball parks all over LA.
 
 The oldest played travel ball, so that took up a lot of weekends.  The youngest played in a local girls softball association, so that's where we spent many-a-week nights as well.
 
 
 
We Jason and Landry built a pool.  Really - they did the majority of the work themselves:
 
 
I was already impressed by Jason's ability to build anything.  And then he built a pool.  Um, do what?
 
 
 It's beautiful.  He (and Landry!) did an amazing job.  I love walking out the back door to this every day....
 We redid the guest bathroom:
 And the master bath:

Before:
After:

 WE GOT MARRIED!!!!!!  (Don't worry.  There will be an entire post about that with pictures galore. :))



 And in between everything else going on, we had end-of-the-year school programs:
 
 We went to a Texas Rangers baseball games and Six Flags (it was the first amusement park/Six Flags experience for the kids!):



 I've been able to spend some time with the most lovely ladies I know:

We celebrated Gracie's 10th birthday...
...with a slumber party:
 And we've also managed to get a few date nights in here and there:

Now we're gearing up towards vacation and I am READY. 

Life has been busy and crazy, but it's finally starting to regain a sense of normalcy.  And I wouldn't trade one bit of the ballpark-going, house-remodeling, pool-building, wedding-planning, get-Sarah-domesticated lifestyle for anything in the world.  I firmly believe this is where I'm supposed to be - beside Jason as his wife and a part of, what is now, our family.

Bring on the rest of 2013!!

2 comments:

rmbmajor said...

I love that you have found such happiness!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Beautiful bride!!