There are many, many reasons I love my husband, just as I hope every wife has a list longer than the Nile for hers.
I love that he's content hanging out with just me. That we can set up our own tailgate and grill and do whatever we want, and he doesn't feel like 20 other people have to be there. Social gatherings are great, and I love to throw a good shindig. But, it's the "low-key" moments and the "just us" nights that you just can't beat.
I love that when I did this to my toe:
He came in with this to fix it:
I don't do pain and/or that red stuff that usually accompanies it very well. And even in the midst of a pre-passout, he still makes me laugh.
I love that the Monday after we get back from our week-long family vacation, he asks to take me to lunch.

You'd think after being together 24/7 for a straight-week, that we would anticipate going back to work to get some space. Nope. All it does is spoil me and make it even harder to get back into the routine after spending so much time with my favorite person.
I love him because I get texts like this:


All. The. Time. And I'm going to brag. Because I feel like every woman should know that it's possible to have the man of your dreams, even when your dream becomes a nightmare and you're not where you thought you'd end up. It's out there ladies. And I thank God every day I found mine.
I love him because he has brought a 13-year-old boy in my life that leaves things like this on the counter:

And a 10-year-old girl that leaves sweet notes in the mornings and even sets out our coffee stuff.
I love him because he is an incredible dad. He is involved; he is always present; he is a disciplinarian; and he is so, SO loving. I've never quite seen hurt in his eyes before as I have when he hurts for his children. It absolutely breaks my heart, but it also fills it with so much joy to see him be such an amazing father.
I love him because I've never, not once, seen him take off his wedding ring. In fact, the only time I think I have seen him without is if I take if off playing with it. Even when he's covered in car funk, he sports it.
(P.S. I also love him because he can fix anything.)
I love him because he left this for me on my birthday when he had to work until early the next morning and wouldn't be home.
And when I told him thank you:
I love him
because he's given me the opportunity to be a mother. A real mom. To someone that is part of him and me that we created. A mom to someone that God designed just. for. us. Whoa.
I do presently hold the title of step-mom, which is the closest I've ever been. I have tried to take this role and honor it to the best of my ability. When you have younger people that you try to shape and mold and prepare for the world, it's a hard task. It's a lot of pressure! Whether you birthed them or not, you have a responsibility to those children to teach them and show them the way. Preferably, the right way. So what I didn't carry them for 9 months? I love them and would do anything for them.
This is something that no one - not one other person - will ever give to me. The role of "Mom". I look at the man I am honored to call my husband, and my soul overflows with appreciation and love and respect. It's probably the most selfless thing anyone has ever done for me. I mean, 10 years ago he thought he was done having children. And up until we met, he thought this was so. When we started discussing children, loooong before we were even engaged, he told me that was something he couldn't and wouldn't deprive me of, should we reach that point. This is something that we have planned for, talked about, spent money on and prayed for since the beginning of Jason and Sarah.
Psalm 32:8 "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go. I will counsel you with my loving eye on you."
God knew. All along, He knew. He has provided and comforted and blessed beyond my wildest dream. Thank God for answered prayers, and thank God for unanswered prayers, too! Can I get an "AMEN"?! He knows best, and if the answer to our prayer is "no", it's because He has other plans.
I love my husband because when we found out on December 1, 2013, he put a spare little stocking on our mantle, that I just so happened to use for our announcements for our family.
I love him because shortly after that, he said "Make sure you get one of those pump things so I can help out during the night." I love him because he talks to him/her. I love him because he made a special trip out of the way he was going just to be at my second doctor's appointment with me. I love him because when we briefly heard Baby's heartbeat, his smile was from ear to ear. I love him because he has let me sleep whenever and however long I want to if I take a nap and hasn't said a word. I love him because he's going to be my baby daddy on or around August 5.
I love him because he loves me back. All day, every day.
I have worn many hats in my 28 years on earth: daughter, sister, friend, employee, wife and step-mom. (I'm sure there may be some others that have been thrown my direction, but I'll leave those out...) And now I get to add one more hat. Mommy. Momma. Mom.

1 comment:
So excited for you both!! Prayers for healthy pregnancy! See you in the next couple of months for wedding festivities! :-)
Post a Comment