6/23/09

More cruise pictures!! YAY!

I decided to bite the bullet and take the time to post more pictures from our cruise, even though it's two weeks later. But, when I started to post them, it didn't take any time at all so I was able to do a lot! These are in no order, so bare with me through the randomness.

This is one night we were just hanging out right next to the casino. There was a big dance floor and a band playing every night, so we decided to watch all the crazy folks for a while.

Swimming with the stingrays! You can see this one brushing up against me. It was crazy feeling, but it was sooooo cool!

These are the boats we rode to the stingrays. It looks like it's in shallow water, but it's really in the middle of the ocean, just on a sandbar. It was about a 15-20 minute boat road so we were no were close to land.

This map was on the main deck and the green lights showed how far we had been and the red lights showed how far we had to go. We also had this same picture on a TV channel in our rooms and it was pretty neat to keep up with.


Leaving Jamaica to get back on the ship :(




This was the entrance way to enter Jamaica; it was a building with several shops inside and you had to find your sign with your shore excursion and wait in line. These guys were outside the entrance way playing when we got there and when we left. True Jamaicans.....

This is when we were arriving in Jamaica. Pretty cool, huh?

The Conquest



The front of the boat where the Bridge is, that captain's domain.


A coral reef when we were snorkeling. I did away with the snorkel for a little while and went down to the floor to get some pictures with our underwater camera. It was beautiful.

Hundreds of fish swimming all around us.



Melanie was our tour guide in Jamaica. She told us some history of the island on our way to our Sandal's resort. She also said we had a free place to stay if we ever wanted to come back!

Ok, now this is cool. This is the original bobsled from the movie Cool Runnings. Remember the movie about the Jamaican bobsled team? It was one of mine and Robbie's all-time favorites and I think we could recite just about the whole dang thing. So this was soo cool to me!



If you look closely, you can see her stinger in the middle of her tail. It's about halfway down and is a little black extension. And I know it's a her because all the females are HUGE and the males are way smaller. HA!


When you hold the stingray out of the water, it sprays water out of its mouth. Well one of our fun-loving tour guides thought it would be cool to do this over my head. So, in reality, I had a stingray spit on my head.

Yours truly standing on the bottom of the ocean floor. Don't know how many more times I'll have that chance.


Hope you enjoyed! We sure did. I've always heard you either love cruises or you hate them. Well we L-O-V-E-D it, and I cannot wait to go back, whenever that may be. It was truly like you were in a hotel surrounded by water. You could never tell (well, maybe just a few times), that you were on a boat. It was so incredible and I loved every minute of it.

2 comments:

☀TĨŋξ said...

Looks like ya'll had a blast! I really would have loved to see the original bobsled from Cool Runnings, that's awesome.....I used to watch that movie all the time =)

Hannah Lee said...

Love love love the pictures! Would have given anything to be apart of yalls special moment. I think, however, it played out perfect! LOVE YOU!