This is just to get some things off my chest. I think our society has socially constructed weddings to where people miss the whole point of an engagement. I KNOW that I have been guilty as this as well, but now that I see first hand people's reaction to an engagement, it's kinda sad. However, don't get me wrong, I LOVE showing off my ring to people and seeing their reactions. I know when someone tells me they're engaged, I immediately think "I wonder what her ring looks like." How material? I am trying to fix this now that I see what it's really like. But it seems like all anyone thinks about regarding an engagement is the ring, the date, the colors, and all the small details. Throughout this whole process, I keep going back to the whole reason for a wedding, and that is to enter a marriage with the one you love, through all the trials and tribulations that come your way, and grow stronger from every one.The focus should remain on what the season is really about, and that is that you are planning to grow old together, to make a family together, to share in your joys and sorrows together.
I'll have to come back and read this when time gets closer I'm sure. Just blowing off some steam after I've had some thoughts come to me. And like I said, I'm guilty of missing the point to. I mean, who doesn't get excited about all the details that go into a wedding; if you remember the real truth behind it all, and don't sweat the small stuff, planning can be really fun!
Gotta stay optimistic....let's see how long it lasts. :)
New Styles at Anthropologie
8 hours ago

2 comments:
You are soooo right! I know your heart is right where it needs to be as you embark on this engagement. It is, however, okay to let yourself get excited about the details! You are going to be a wonderful wife and I know you and Joey's marriage is already off to a wonderful start with your heart being in the right place. I love you!
Hannah is right, your heart is exactly where it needs to be. Engagement is a speacial time, you get to learn more about your significant other & this is the beginning of the process to becoming one :) Yes there will be trials, but thats life & ya'll have chosen to DO life TOGETHER. Ya'll are going to have a great marriage, & I love you to the moon and back!!!
Post a Comment