First of all, one of my very best friends tied the knot. She got married on April 24 and it was so beautiful. Hillery allowed me to be part of her special day as a bridesmaid, and I wouldn't have been anywhere else other than by her side. Congrats, Hill! I love you!
Hillery and Taylor.
Try this on for size: Hillery is one of my best friends. Taylor is my step-daughter. Hillery is Taylor's aunt (her mom's sister). Small world, huh?
Hillery, Mike and their wedding party. The wedding was absolutely gorgeous, this picture just doesn't do it justice.
Then, Joey and I ventured to New Orleans for a wedding my brother was in. All of Robbie's friends have become my really good friends, and who doesn't want an excuse to go to NOLA? We stayed the weekend with Robbie and his girlfriend Rachel (who was kind enough to let Joey and me crash her apartment) and went to the wedding on Saturday. I, unfortunately, do not have pictures from it, but if you can imagine a wedding and reception in The French Quarter....well then you really don't need pictures!
The very next weekend, I was in another of my bestie's weddings. Angie got hitched on May 15 and she made a gorgeous bride. I have to kick my shots out to her, too, for honoring me enough to ask me to be by her side as she said "I do".
Angie and her brand new husband, Rob! Congrats, guys!
First toast as husband and wife!
(Because I'm so horrible about taking a camera, I have to use what pictures I can get. I don't have any of me and these pretty brides yet, but hopefully will be able to get some soon.) THEN, Hannah's sister-in-law, and a good friend of ours from high school, had her sweet baby on May 21. Welcome to the world Parker Elizabeth!!!
6 pounds, 3 ounces, 18 inches long
(SIDE NOTE: Have you ever seen the movie "Dude, Where's My Car?"? You know when he's in the drive-thru and the lady keeps saying, "And den....."(and then) and he gets so frustrated and hollers, "IF YOU SAY 'AND DEN' ONE MORE TIME....." and the lady goes, "AND DEN AND DEN AND DEN AND DEN!!!!!!!!!!"? Well, that's what I feel like because....)
6 pounds, 3 ounces, 18 inches long
(SIDE NOTE: Have you ever seen the movie "Dude, Where's My Car?"? You know when he's in the drive-thru and the lady keeps saying, "And den....."(and then) and he gets so frustrated and hollers, "IF YOU SAY 'AND DEN' ONE MORE TIME....." and the lady goes, "AND DEN AND DEN AND DEN AND DEN!!!!!!!!!!"? Well, that's what I feel like because....)And DEN...we had a crawfish boil at the house of a close couple friend of ours. They wanted to put it together and we were all in for a crawfish boil and an excuse to get together!! We had an amazing time. We always do. Joey and I are so fortunate to have such wonderful friends through thick and thin.
I'm not quite sure what's going on with my eyes here, but I had to post it. It's a great picture of Jesse and I love Stephen's face in the background. (Stephen is Jesse's husband.)
This is me and Kristi - the hostess with the mostess! Thanks, Kristi, for putting everything together and for letting us use your home to part-ay!
In a nutshell, that's what's been going on around the Elawadi household. Still sounds crazy, right? I know. Summer has started and we will be getting Taylor a lot more. I don't see an end to the insanity any time soon, but I'm looking forward to it all. I am pumped about our first summer as a married couple and even more pumped Taylor gets to spend a lot of her summer with us.
This is me and Kristi - the hostess with the mostess! Thanks, Kristi, for putting everything together and for letting us use your home to part-ay!
In a nutshell, that's what's been going on around the Elawadi household. Still sounds crazy, right? I know. Summer has started and we will be getting Taylor a lot more. I don't see an end to the insanity any time soon, but I'm looking forward to it all. I am pumped about our first summer as a married couple and even more pumped Taylor gets to spend a lot of her summer with us. I will try to post more often and take more pictures as we embrace this crazy but beautiful time in our lives. I will also try to post some wedding pictures when I can.

No comments:
Post a Comment