7/8/10

Randoms

Ok, I feel like I start off every blog this way, and I'm sorry. But, we have been so busy! I swear things can't just slow down for a minute!


First off, let me introduce you to the newest member of our family:


JONATHAN CULLEN BRAZZEL

5 lb. 4 oz. 17.5 in.

June 23, 2010




This is my step-sister, Shelby's, baby. She is living in Florida now, so I have not been able to get my hands on him yet. Carol has been down there with her and keeping all of us updated. He sure is a cute little boy! I'm so proud of Shelby.

Ruston had their annual Peach Festival on June 26. We ride in the parade every year, and it is SO hot, unbelievably hot, but it is fun and Taylor loves it and the kids love it. We have gotten out of the habit of doing the downtown thing after the parade because it is so hot. And, once you've seen it, you pretty much know what's going on. They do have some wonderful arts and crafts though. If you aren't from here, and haven't been, you should definitely check it out!

Side note: Speaking of being hot - it has been in the 100's until this past week. I heard on the radio the high is 92 and I'm pretty sure I yelped with excitement. The humidty here in Louisiana is unreal. I absoutely love where I am from, the people, the culture, everything about LA, but man, this heat and humidity is unreal!

Then Jeannine turned the Big 2-1 last weekend! She and her best girls planned a trip out in Shreveport, so I took it upon myself to invite myself :) I just wanted to celebrate with her so much, and in Shreveport - so much fun! We had a BIG night...dinner, casino, clubs, friends and much, much more! Thanks, Lu, for letting me come because I will definitely never forget it!



This is as we were waiting at Superior for Jeannine to order her first drink! And what better place than Superior with a margarita?


There has been more going on since my last post, but I won't bore you with the details. We are crazy busy, but I love it and am so happy. I am realizing more and more every day how truly blessed I am and how fortunate I am. I have the most amazing friends and family and I learn to love them more every single day.

God is so good. There are times when we need to be reminded of that because sometimes we lose focus. Everyone has hard times, but God will NEVER let you down and will never fail you. I love Him, and I am so thankful to My Lord for blessing me in every way he can. Thank you, God.

1 comment:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I miss the peach parade- I haven't been since I was 17!!