10/4/10

Changes

There are some changes going on around here! The weather is changing and I LOVE IT. Period. It is in the 70's/low 80's during the day and upper 40's/low 50's at night. By definition here in Louisiana, it is cold! I do love fall. I love everything about fall: football, the beautiful weather, the colors, etc. However, I think I am ready for it to be cold. Full-blown winter cold. Fires in the fireplaces and gloves and scarves cold. Besides the chapped lips and dry skin, I really do love winter time. I am just so thankful God allows the seasons to change as they do so we can witness His glory in the beauty that comes with the changes.

Another major change: my job. Now that I have informed my employer, I will let you know. Friday, October 8 will be my last day at Goodwill. I had an opportunity just fall in my lap a couple of weeks ago,and it just evolved and I had to take it. I was not searching, but it just happened. I will start October 11 working as an administrative assistant doing accounts receivable/accounts payable at JPS Equipment. This is the same company Joey works for, but do not fear - we will not be working together. If that were the case, it wouldn't have even been an option! Joey, I love ya, but I can't work with ya! It is a total new field for me, but I'm up for the challenge and the new skills. Anywho, that's what's going on there. I am excited about the new opportunity and new experiences and new people. However, I am really sad about leaving my co-workers at Goodwill. The people here have been amazing, and this week is going to be really hard, especially Friday. I know this is all in the master plan though, and changes will occur throughout my lifetime. Just got to take them as they come and roll with it! But, that doesn't change the fact that it's still hard.

On a different note: Joey and I went down south this past weekend for the LSU/Tennessee game on Saturday and the Saints/Panthers game on Sunday. I was begging the coaches to let me play, because I think even I could have done something better than what was going on on those two fields. We had a really good time; it's impossible not to have a good time in south LA. But, the football playing part was awful. Plus, we are exhausted, and I'm football-ed out....until this Saturday when we take on Florida. I haven't decided if I can watch it yet though. It really gets my blood pressure and nerves worked up, so I may just have to turn the tv off. We'll see.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

rmbmajor said...

Awesome about the job, and I couldn't agree more about the weather!!! Are you sure we aren't sisters?? lol! Praying for you as you make this transition! :)