http://www.insideedition.com/videos/831/inside-edition-investigates-drive-thru-daiquiri-stands.aspx
Now, read this from Robbie:
"I was born and raised in Louisiana. Still live here. Drive through alcohol stands are nothing new and will never go away. Why don't you go time how long it takes to walk into a store, buy a bottle of liquor and drive off. Now compare to that to a drive through. You save all of maybe 2-3 minutes. People are lazy, that's why fast food places have drive through also. Laziness is the ONLY reason, not because people want to drink faster.
And they condone drinking? How? There is a reason the straw is not served in the cup. THAT is against the law as it's an open container. Once the driver drives off, he is assuming the own personal risk to said open container. To run down people and judge them based off you "opinions" is rude, unethical, and immoral. I WISH it would have been me you put on camera. Without a signed document I would have sued your ass so fast it would have made your head twirl.
Your show and the western part of the country are what is wrong with the country today. It's your way or the highway. You live in your own bubbles and think you know what's better for the country. Well, you go eat your lettuce and I'll go eat my red meat dripping in mayonnaise."
(The red meat dripping in mayonnaise is in reference to an earlier point made in response to ET's reference to Rush Limbaugh's comments regarding Michelle Obama eating ribs.)
I could not agree with my genius brother more. ET wants to condemn the drive through liquor stores, but how is it any different than walking into a liquor store to buy a bottle of liquor or a case of beer? You still have to get in your car with your alcoholic beverage and drive to wherever you plan on drinking it. Like Robbie said, that's why they are not served with the straw IN the cup - that would be breaking the law. How is it different than a liquor store (just like all of the ones in America) that serve daiquiris inside the store? Don't you still have to take that daiquiri to Point B? If the purchaser chooses to insert a straw into said beverage, that's their own decision!!
Joey used to be a huge fan of TMZ. I got so disgusted when I watched that trash that I just couldn't stand it anymore. People assume and judge quicker than I can say boo, and it's just sickening.
Anyway, this stirred up some anger amongst the sibling and me, so I just thought I would share.
I have another post from Robbie coming soon :)
P.S. I have totally cleared it with him to share his words on my blog. However, please do not fail to differentiate between Robbie and Dad, along with failing to acknowledge this is my personal blog and I can say and write what I please (with the ok from whoever it comes from) :)

2 comments:
YEAH!! Take THAT Entertainment Tonight!
Boom roasted!!!
lol..I've always thought drive-thru daiquiri stands were part of the charm of Louisiana! They have drive thru liquor stores in Virginia and North Carolina called "Brew-Thru"...same thing. What a silly accusation for them to make...because there aren't more important things going on in the world to talk about right now.
Post a Comment