2/16/11

Well Hello There....

Long time no see! Since it's been, I don't know...4 months since I posted, I'm not going to update you on everything that's been going on in the past 4 months - that's just too much! I'll just hit the basics:

I moved to doing strictly A/R at my job about a month after being here, and I am LOVING it. It definitely keeps me busy, but I enjoy that - makes me feel so productive! I work with a great group of people in and outside the office, and I'm very happy I am where I am with my job.

We were able to go to VEGAS for New Year's and Ooooo mahhhhh gahhhh!!! AWESOME-NESS!!! Once I get a spare 5 minutes after work, I'll post some pictures and tell some stories. At least the stories that we didn't leave in Vegas! :) (What happens there stays there, right?!)

The first one of our group moved. My bestie Hannah moved clear across the country! Oh wait, only to Natchitoches but it feels like it might as well be California. It's only an hour and a half away, but it feels like it might as well be a 16 hour plane ride. Ok, I've made my point. I miss her terribly but am so excited to see the things God has in store for her through this journey. We have already been able to make a girl's trip down there to stay with her for a night and got in some much needed girl time. It was Ah-mazing, and I think we're all ready to do it again...SOON! She has been back this way twice, so it's not like we never see each other. But it is a lot different knowing I can't call on my way home from work and say "Want to go to dinner?" or her call me and say "Want to stop by real quick after work?" But, we will manage. I know she is loving her job and all the changes, and that's all I want is for her sweet little heart to be happy (and by little heart, I mean her humongo, gigantor heart).

We long ago finished up our "Breaking Free" Bible study by Beth Moore and have since moved on to "It's Tough Being a Woman" by my girl Beth. I LOVE her and her messages and they way she brings words and stories to life. It's about the book of Esther and I am loving every single word, prayer, story and scenario. I look forward to Wednesday nights all week, because I cannot WAIT to see what God has in store for us. He is absolutely, wholly, overwhelmingly GOOD. I could sit here and go on and on about how he has brought these girls and I to this point together and how we need each other and need Him, and just how truly amazing He is, but I won't. Knowing He is there 24/7, no matter WHAT is the most comforting feeling in the world, because, let's face it....this life gets hard, but what better way to escape the hardships?

That's all I have for now. I promise to try to get back in the habit of keeping up my regular blog, because I know everyone out there is just dying to know what's going on the world of Sarah. :)

3 comments:

rmbmajor said...

I've missed your blogs! :) Tough Being a Woman is an awesome study, we did that one last year. I'm trying to get some ladies together to do Believing God by her, I've heard it's a great one, too. Glad things are going so well!

Hannah Lee said...

Welcome-back, welcome-back, welcome-back....(that was that song). I love you and can't wait to read more!

Anonymous said...

I love you sis!!!