10/23/12

October...ish

Or life lately, however you want to look at it.  Just a recap of what's been going on.

We found this little guy a couple of weeks ago.  (Well, not we, but they...as in an 11-year- old and 9-year-old outside playing in the rain doing things that kids do.)  
 It is a baby flying squirrel!  He had a brother, or a sister, but he/she didn't make it through the first night.  This one trooped a little longer, but eventually went to join all the other squirrels in squirrel heaven.  He was a cutie though! 

I got to take a trip down memory lane as we carved pumpkins a couple of weekends ago...
 And then pumpkin carving got real...
I told my dad about this and how it took me back to some great memories, and his response was "I had just as much fun, maybe more, than you children did.  I loved it!!"  Now, as an adult, I can see why!  After about 30 minutes and the initial excitement had worn off, the 3 youngest ones were done with it.  However, we were he was still carving.  Instead of trying to be all 2012 with it, I went with the black Sharpie and triangle jack-o-lantern.  Can't beat old school. 

Football season this year has been quite different than last, but in a great way.  Last year, I spent almost (I think with the exception of one) home game in Baton Rouge with Robbie.  But this year has been the complete opposite.  In fact, I actually TOOK A NAP on a game day this year, and have only been to Baton Rouge once.  WHO AM I?!  No, really though, it's been great.  And when the game is over, you still have the ability to go back and forth between all the other awesomeness that is college football.  When priorities change and people enter your life and become an important part of it, these things change.  I have still made snacks for every game though, and we had a fish fry for one.  Game on.
This is how we spent the LSU/S. Carolina game:

Outside, a fire, snacks, and the best company.  You just can't beat it. 

Then, this past weekend, this started....


Operation Hardwood Floor has been in full blast mode
It looks awesome so far, and I can't wait to see the finished product.

And, just because I've been on a shoe kick lately, here are the latest that have made a way to my closet:
I am in love.  And have found a new obsession...heels.
This also made it's way into my possession.  I won a drawing through a company at work.  I NEVER win prizes.  (I entered my name and my mom's name in a drawing one time in high school, and Mom won.  I'm telling you - never.)  So when they called and told me I won a free iPad, I was pretty excited.  And it is so handy!!

My second favorite this season has been decorating, although it's kind of hard at the moment for several reasons.  But I have fallen in love with fall decor and all the fall smells.  And when I walked into Hobby Lobby and all of their fall stuff was 40% off, well let's just say it could have gotten dangerous very quickly.
On top of that, they already have their Christmas stuff out...don't even get me started on all the ideas that sparked.

Life has been busy, but it hasn't been so busy that I forget to enjoy the beauty of it.  Life is too short and the people in my life are just too good to take for granted.

Thank you, Lord, for so many blessings You continue to pour over me.

Happy fall, y'all!

No comments: