10/3/12

On the Road Again...

"I just can't wait to be....on the road again.".

Not really, I can wait.  Considering we drove almost 900 miles through 3 states in 48 hours, I can totally wait.

We ventured to Dallas on Friday for a Texas Rangers game.  My first ever Rangers game at that, and I must say, it was super cool.








They lost, but it was still a really fun experience.  And despite the loss, they ended the night with a fantastic firework show.  I've never been much on baseball, but it is definitely a lot more fun to watch in person than on TV.  Especially when you land free tickets as an appreciation gift! :)

From there, we headed down south to Baton Rouge.  Believe it or not, this was my first LSU game to make this year.  (You know, it's really amazing what all changes in a year.  Priorities and circumstances change, and I wouldn't change a thing about it now.) 

Just getting of the exit on Nicholson got my heart beat up.  And then going inside the Coop Bookstore and being hit between the eyes with all of the LSU apparel spiked it.  That's not to mention the feeling of walking into Tiger Stadium and seeing the sights for the first time in a year.  That place just holds a special place in this Southern girl's heart.





I know LSU hasn't looked all that great so far this year.  In fact, sometimes just plain terrible.  The whole "a win is a win thing" has about lost it's touch.  I hope those boys pull it together before they face another top 10 team on Saturday in Gainesville.  I'm not so big on nail-biter games.

We headed home from BR on Sunday.  I was tired of being in a truck for that long, but it was well worth it.  In the words of my dad, "fanny fatigue" had started to set in, and I just wanted to stand up for a very long time.

And I can't forget my Alma mater wrecking shop in some football this year as well.  I am proud of Tech for stepping it up, and I hope they continue to do so.  They've been pretty popular on ESPN and in the football world.  I've always been proud of my education from Tech, and I won't ever forget my Ruston-born roots.

Now I have what appears to be some allergy problems, and it is not fun.  I don't feel great, but I don't feel just terrible either.  I'm hoping it passes just as quickly as it came.  

Hope everyone is fabulous!

SJ

No comments: