4/22/16

Long Time, No Blog

I think I start every post with "I know it's been a while..."  Last time I posted was about Carson's first birthday.  He's almost 2 now...

Landry was on the JV basketball team in the fall and the JV and Varsity baseball teams this spring.  He also got his driver's permit late last year, got a truck and is turning into a young man that still surprises me when I see a 6-foot-tall Landry walking through the house.  On top of that, he was also inducted into the National Beta Club for his grades.

Gracie was on the jr. high basketball and softball teams in the fall, one starting immediately after the other.  She was also on the jr. high cross country team for the spring, which just wrapped up two weeks ago.  She will hit teenager status this summer, and we've already started talking and planning that party.  Gracie has also worked really hard this year and ended the third grading period with straight A's!

Carson is almost 3 months shy of turning two years old.  If he's not eating or sleeping, he is moving, and I am not even kidding.  All of those games I mentioned above?  If I could even make it, there was no sitting to watch said sporting event.  I'm thankful the baseball/softball is at least outside where he can explore.  Trying to explain to an 18-month-old why he cannot play on the basketball court during a school basketball game is not an easy possible task.  He is walking/running/jumping, talking, learning something every day, and I swear he grows overnight.  I am fully aware that one day I will be the shortest person in our family.  But that's ok with me!

I won't even try to elaborate on why life is "busy".  Every family, at least every family with 1+ kids, knows what I mean.  It's most definitely a challenge having two very involved older kids and trying to make and transport everyone everywhere while the Mr. and I both work full time jobs and have a baby-turning-toddler.  But we make it work.  It's just what you do.

(Let me take this opportunity to say how extremely thankful I am for my in-laws and they're help for watching kids or helping take kids to and from.  They are such a huge blessing to us, but that's an entirely different post.)

I took on some new job responsibilities at work last winter that have taken up much more of my time, and for that I am grateful.  It's allowed me to be challenged and to learn more, which I was craving.  I also ran my first ever race, which happened to be a quarter marathon, in January, so I spent a lot of time (not as much as I should have, though) preparing for that. 

Through all of my transitioning and emotional struggles of being a working-mom (another separate post), my sweet husband has remained the stable one.  (It actually seems to balance itself out, at the hand of the Lord, I know.  Usually when I'm at my breaking point, Jason is there and calm and takes over when I can't.  When he's about to lose it, I can usually pull it all together and let him take a breather.)   His job takes him away some, but we always manage.  He works all day, sometimes even at night if he's called, and comes home and usually works on whatever project he's doing for me or the kids or the house.  Or if I want to just take a short 30-60 minutes and go for a run, he picks up the kids or cooks or whatever needs to be done to let me have that time.  Lately, he's pretty much been my dumping ground for all my stress, so God bless the man for that.  Now that the youngest is finally getting a little older and more manageable, we've been able to pick up more date nights here and there.  Those date nights are so special to me and to us, and I am so, SO thankful he agrees.  We both believe you need that time as husband and wife in order to be better Mama and Daddy.  Really, just to be better people and keep that flame burning.  It's a priority to him, too, so that makes it better and gives us both something to look forward to after a long week.

I have several different drafts going to post here, but it's hard to sit down and edit/publish them.  When I get home from work, I don't have time to sit at a computer or even be on my phone.  Once all the younger people in our house are asleep or in bed, the last thing I want to do is pull out an electronic device.  That's when I can finally finish laundry, clean the kitchen from supper, or just be able to have an uninterrupted conversation with my husband about our days. 

Yes, life around our home is busy.  But it's our life and we live it and love it (mostly), but we FOR SURE love everyone in it and all of our time together. 

Until next time, which hopefully won't be when Carson is 4,
Sarah

1 comment:

jonannewin said...

I love you, Sweet Girl! It's an amazing journey you're on! You know what you don't enjoy, you can't get back (if that makes sense)!! Plus we never know what tomorrow brings! I'm so thankful we loved and enjoyed (mostly) our busy life! Love reading about yours!!