I am alive, I promise. School has been absolutely nuts since it started on Sept. 4. My schedule is by far the craziest schedule I have ever had. I go to class, directly to my practica site, then directly to work. I don't even get a lunch break! It is super stressful, but I'm hanging in there as best I can. It's hard to find time to post. Work has been crazy, and by the time I get home in the evenings and finish school work, I'm exhausted and don't even want to look at my computer.
So here's whats going on in my world:
I broke my camera last weekend so for a while there won't be any new pictures. I have some pictures from the recent months so I'll try to put some up when I get them on the computer just to have some color.
I am doing my practica at Life Choices. Practica is like a really short internship we FCS students have to do. Life Choices is a crisis pregnancy center that is nonprofit. Anyone who needs the service can come in, receive counseling and all kinds of other helpful information through the office, all for free. It's a great place for anyone in need of it and has a very strong spiritual base as well.
I have 3 classes on campus, all of which are very time consuming. My classes are Childhood Disease and Disorder, Developing Cross-Cultural Competence, and Sexuality and the Family. Very interesting set of classes. I have one night class every Tuesday from 5:30 - 9:15. Let me tell you, when I leave there at 9:20 at night, I am not the happiest person.
Because I have to have 80 hours at my practica site by the end of the quarter, my work schedule has decreased 3 hours a week, which is a real bummer come pay day. I swear I think whoever invented practica was someone who did not have a job or any other class to tend to. It is definitely time consuming and a real pain to try to coordinate with everything else in life.
Taylor's 7th birthday (Holy cow!) is Friday. I will, however, be in Shreveport for Kristi's bachelorette party, which I am really looking forward to. I could so use the break! So, Happy Birthday, Taylor!
This pretty much sums up my life right now...school, practica, work, homework/studying and every day is just a repeat, all the while trying to spend time with loved ones. I just keep telling myself "One day, this will all be worth it." One day, you will be finished." "You are a much smarter person every day after class." (Which I believe I am. My teachers are incredible and I love learning everything that I do.)
I hope everyone is doing well and God bless.
Love,
Sarah
New Styles at Anthropologie
8 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment