

What a busy weekend! It started Saturday getting ready for a wedding shower I was hostessing. We hostessed (is that right?) a shower from 2-4 then had to attend another shower from 6-8. Kristi Weems & Jordan Whittington are getting married in Oct. so the showers and plans are crazy right now! Jordan and Joey graduated together and Kristi and I have become really close throughout the years. So close she has asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding...Yay! We had a great night...we always have a blast when we're all together.
Then Sunday was the crazy hurricane fiasco with everybody running around like chickens with their heads cut off. If you needed to go to Walmart for anything, you were not in good shape. And in the midst of all the craziness, I GOT A NEW CAR!!! Actually, it's Dad's old car but it's brand new to me! It is a 2000 blue Jeep Grand Cherokee and is in so much better condition than my car. Although, when I was leaving my car at Dad's house and picking up the jeep, it was actually kind of sad to say good-bye. For anyone that knows my driving record, you know that my car and I have been through A LOT together, needless to say that the good ole' Grand Prix definitely held up with the best of them! So, thanks Dad for the new wheels!
Because of the whether, I have not been able to really clean up the jeep. After it gets all cleaned up, I'll get some pictures up. However, if you have ever seen a blue Jeep Cherokee, you pretty much know the ropes.
I hope that everyone has been staying safe through Gustav, and I also pray that no damage has been done to your house or to your loved one's homes. Stay dry and safe!.
P.S. I forgot to post some last week, but we went to the American Idols Live Concert in Bossier last Tuesday. It was AWESOME!!!
It was the top 10 from the 2007-2008 show. They all go on tour together. It started with #10, then went to #9, #8 and so on. Each performer sang 3 songs. And of course the last one to sing, David Cook. He sang 4 I think. After that, all 10 of them sang together and it was soo good! Our seats were in Section 1 on the floor, Row L, so our seats were amazing. We were so close I could have counted the hairs on th
eir faces. Can you tell I had fun?
eir faces. Can you tell I had fun?



These are just a few of my favorites: David Cook, Carly Simon, Jason Castro, David Archuleta and Michael Johns.
I hope everyone is having a great week despite the nasty weather. Keep safe!

3 comments:
I am so sad I missed the showers but it looks like you guys had a blast...as always. YAH! SAYS GOT NEW WHEELS! Can't wait to see it!
NEW BLOG PLEASE! I miss your sweet words.
I am soon, I promise! It's hard finding time, especially now with school!
Post a Comment