1/8/09

Go DAWGS!

I forgot to add to my previous post that the family and I ventured over to Shreveport for the Independence Bowl. We had a blast! We met Dad, Carol, Robbie and Rachel over at my grandmother's house that afternoon. It is very rare, if ever, that we are all in that area at the same time. So we got in some good family time which I so enjoyed. It was so good to see Gran and Jim and I know they enjoyed it. Then we caught a bus from Mall St. Vincent to the stadium which was a brilliant idea. It dropped you off right at the front for only $5!! Great deal. We met Ginny, Brian and Ginger at Brian's family's tailgate. They had 2 tailgates set up with food out the wazoo. And being so close to home, every corner you turned, there was someone you knew! It was really fun really cold, but fun. And, of course, Tech won! I can now openly admit that I am not a very good Tech athletics fan. For the majority of the football games I am in Baton Rouge watching, you guessed it, my Tigers play. So, I thought it was the least I could do to support my soon-to-be Alma mater (is that how you spell it?) and cheer them on to victory. And I am so glad I did because I really did have a good time!



















For a side note - Ginny and Brian are expecting a baby at the end of May and we just found out Monday that it's a boy!!! I am super excited to have a nephew! So, please just keep her and Brian and their developing precious baby in your prayers!

No comments: