2/11/09

I feel Yucky...

Well after not getting any better at all by Monday afternoon, I convinced myself to go to the doctor, along with some coaxing from Dad. And she told me I have the ever-so-dreaded flu. FLU - Feels Like Ugh!! And that is true. For the past 5 days, I have been the least productive that I can remember. The end of the quarter is nearing, and the last thing I needed was to get behind on school work. But I did it! I'll get it all done though - somehow, someway.

I am slowly but surely getting better. I am still exhausted, but the aches and pains have gone away. I have yet to regain my sense of smell and still have a barking cough that I believe could cause an earthquake. Hannah informed me yesterday that she is also suffering from the flu, and that it is spreading like wild fire around Tech campus. So, all you fellow students and employees, beware! I bet I always remember to get my flu shot from now on though...

Amongst all the congestion and hacking, I had to get advised for spring quarter. Great news people.....I am GRADUATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, Mom and Dad, you read that right - I am finally going to become a Louisiana Tech Graduate. It is so exciting, but so scary at the same time. I'm not sure if I'm ready for the real world, or if the real world is ready for me! But get prepared because I am coming full force! Spring quarter is going to be a breeze - and I think I deserve it. I am only taking 3 hours because that's all I need! Two of the 3 are practica (like a mini internship) and the other credit is a 1 hour class on Monday evenings in the career center. So I will be making myself scarce around campus, and after March 3, I will be finished with all my FCS classes. It is so rewarding, but it is sad. I absolutely love my classes and my teachers, and don't know what I would have done without the wonderful instructors I have had. It will be sad to say good-bye, but exciting to say hello to another stage in my life. As this life changing time approaches, I will be sure to keep you all informed.

This week and next are going to be absolute hell - for lack of better terminology. Not only have I gotten behind due to illness, but projects, assignments, tests, etc. are always piled on top of each other at the end of the quarter. But I can now see that beautiful light at the end of what I thought was a never-ending tunnel.

I hope everyone else is well and your world is going smoothly. I pray that my family and friends can avoid getting sick, despite the germs I may have already spread - sorry guys!

Love to you all, and God Bless.
SJS

1 comment:

lifeasahancock said...

Thanks Sara!! I hope you get to feeling better. There were 6 people in the office sick today, so I am trying to stay as far away as I can!!
Congratulations on having one more quarter!! I know you are happy.