4/3/09

Just a P.S.

Lately, I have been playing Martha Stewart around the ole' APT. I have to do it in small increments though due to lack of financial means. If you have ever been a college student, you know exactly what I mean. Since I got a new couch, I have gotten red and tan striped decorative pillows, along with some red curtains and some really cool red and gold lamp shades.

The one with the beads is for the tall floor lamp; the smaller is for the end table lamp. Below is the pillow for the couch. And you know what red curtains look like.
Also, I bought a new duvet cover for my bedroom. My walls are gray, and my current duvet is black. I also have black and and white accents in my room. But I've decided to switch it up a bit. I bought a black lamp shade for my nightstand and some black curtains for my window. I found this cover at Target and couldn't resist.
I am going to also get some black sheets, but that's going to have to wait until next pay day. :) The black outline will really stand out against the sheets and the curtains. And the gray matches the walls perfectly, so I think. It hasn't come in yet, so I am anxious to see how the finished product will turn out.

I get picked on because some say I buy more bed and bath stuff than anyone.  Every theme I try to go with does not turn out like it does in my head, so I like to re-do it. But I am the ultimate bargain shopper, one because I have to be, and 2 because I don't see the point in buying super expensive stuff. I'll leave that for, if the day ever comes, I get married. AH!

I think the finished product is going to be really cute. My apartment is finally starting to look like someone actually lives there, not just a college student running in and out all the time. I guess my parents are also trying to domesticate me because for birthdays and holidays I get home decor, crock pots, dishes, cookbooks, etc. But hey, I love it! Carol has great taste in the decorating field and she buys some pretty cool stuff. Usually my mother is the one that goes the cooking route. For my birthday, I got the BEST cookbook ever. It is a handmade, handwritten book with my favorite recipes from my mom and MawMaw (Mom's mother), and their favorites, too. It was so incredible they took the time to do it for me, and I absolutely love it. I actually cried when Mom gave it to me. I'm a softy.

I'll keep you posted on the outcome!

2 comments:

Hannah Lee said...

OMG! I love it! Way to go Say-Say! You could whip Martha Stewarts behind right now!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Hi Sarah! I'm glad you stopped by the blog! In reference to your post below, I think that YOU have a much more exciting life than I DO so keep posting! You have such a cute blog!