I DID IT!!!!!!!!!
LA Tech is now my Alma mater...WOOHOO!!!!!
I had a wonderful but extremely busy weekend, all because I GRADUATED!! It started off Saturday with, of course, the commencement exercises, followed by a small get together at Dad's house. Mom, Carol and Dad all put together a little part-ay with chips, dip, cake, etc. Then, my sweet Bestie Hannah had another party for me. She had hot dogs and hamburgers, and had these awesome cupcakes made that said "Congrats Sarah" and "Tech 2009". There were too cute. There was a great turn-out, and it made me realize just how wonderful my friends are. Oh wait....I already knew that! I am so lucky to have them in my life.

After all the Saturday festivities, Dad had a Sunday lunch planned for the family at Squire Creek.

It was so nice, and the food was great. Afterward, we sat outside on the back balcony and had "family-time". The wind was blowing and it wasn't anywhere near hot - it was just perfect. My family is so wonderful. I say it all the time, but I just can't express how much they mean to me. Thank you all for the love and support through the years, especially during such a special, life-changing event in my life.All in all, it was a great two days. Well three days...Monday, since I was off, I decided to treat myself for once and go shopping! I have been putting all my graduation money into a savings account for 2 reasons: 1. to rebuild it after five years of college; and 2. to pay off my credit card. How responsible and boring, right? BUT, I decided that I would take some of the money I hadn't deposited yet and actually treat myself for all the hard work I've put into the last 5 years.
I will leave you with some random graduation pictures:





It is so rewarding to look at these pictures and to know what I have accomplished. There were so many times when I thought, "This sucks...I hate school...I just want to quit." But I didn't. I stuck to it, and in the end, I am actually say that I am so proud of myself! All those sleepless nights spent worrying about my test the next day or the presentation I had to give; all those quarters I spent crying due to stress overload and the thought that I couldn't hand it anymore - it has sooo paid off. I am a college grad...WOW.
It will be a while before I post again, for the next time I post, I will be telling you about our CRUISE!
I hope everyone is well. God Bless.
SJS
No comments:
Post a Comment