The last couple of weeks, I have an an overwhelming sensation of feelings, ranging from completely scared to the happiest I've ever been. Graduation day is approaching, and to be honest, I am freaking out. I am soooooooooooooooo thankful to be at this point in my life and to have had the opportunity to get a college education. I know I am blessed beyond words for that. Five years ago at the very start of this thing called college, I thought this day would never come. It seemed like an eternity from then, and now like a slap in the face, here it is. I have gotten all my invitations out, and now I'm just waiting on the 23. Is the adult world ready for what's coming? Because I'm not sure that I am ready for the adult world!! Well, I AM ready, but what am I going to do? And before you ask, I have no immediate plans after graduation. I have gotten the craziest looks from people when they hear I'm graduating and do not have a job lined up already. Get off my back! I am waiting on my calling, you could say. I have nothing specific that I really want to do, although I want it to involve my major, which would include anything with families or children. I'm very interested to see what God has in store for this young woman.
I was sitting in class the other day, daydreaming, (no comments) and started thinking about how this is the start of something so incredible for me. But also something so nerve racking. I got so overwhelmed at the thought, I thought I was going to have to leave class. But I quickly gained my composure, thankfully - because that could've gotten embarrassing!
I said no immediate plans, but I mean as far as a job goes. Because we are leaving for a cruise shortly after my big day!!! Yes sir, in less than 30 days I will be soaking up the rays in that sweet thing we call an ocean and on the sandy coasts of Jamaica and Grand Cayman. We were supposed to be stopping in Cozumel as well, but the stupid, stupid swine flu has cancelled that. We were so upset, but still can't wait to go!!!
This is just a post for me to rant I guess, try to organize all my thoughts to make myself feel better.
God is so good. Never forget that. I would not be who I am or where I am today without Him in my life. He is a wonderful, loving, gracious God who loves me and you.
I will keep you all posted on this process as I start a new stage in my life. It should be interesting!! (At least I hope!)
New Anthro Styles & What I Wore in Round Top
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment