Ok, this is when I wish more people read my blog because I need some serious help. I am in need of a caterer, florist and cake-maker for the wedding. I don't even know where to start. How do I get prices from different people? Do I have to show everyone a picture of what I want? Do I have to meet with everyone or can I do it over the phone? AHH....so many questions! The florist is where I'm the most iffy....do I use just a regular ole' flower shop that you order flowers from? Oh, what to do, what to do?
Today is Tuesday, and on Sunday, we were exactly 6 months away from the wedding date. I cannot believe in 6 short months I will married to the most wonderful man....I just can't quite wrap my head around it yet.
I also realized that my initials will be S.S. Elawadi - now tell me that doesn't sound like a freakin' boat!!!

2 comments:
HA! It does sound like a boat! So funny! I wish I could help you but I got married in Waco. However, we did plan my wedding within 5 months, so you can do it! Yes, you can go to different flower shops and compare prices...Then, ASK EVERYONE YOU KNOW about who they recommend...who they used, etc. Word of mouth is a great tool in wedding planning!
TOPS grocery store actually goes great wedding cakes for reasonable prices. we had them do ours and it looked awesome and everyone said is was quite delicious.
i actually got flowers for me and my girls the morning of at Wegmans and we made our own bouquets for cheap and they looked great. we just tied 'em with ribbon. the corsages and boutonnieres we got from Allburn Florist on 8th Street.
Teresa's Deli catered - they have a great deal for 6.75 a person. you get to pick 3 meats and 2 sides. if you want them to stay and manage the food and wrap it up for you at the end, it goes up to about 8 bucks a person i think. that's what we ended up doing; it worked out great!
Post a Comment