The temperature outside right now is 104. Think that's bad? The heat index is 115-118. (When I was typing that, I accidentally typed 188...whoa!) It is absolute miserablewhen you walk outside. They said the high for Friday is in the low 90's and I think all of north Louisiana shook with excitement when everyone yelped for joy. How pathetic, right? I had a friend that went to Alaska last month for a fishing trip (shout out, Jesse!). She said it was 48 degrees there and that's their summer. We got to talking about how it gets into the -40's and -50's there in the winter time, and I just kept thinking, "How in the world do they do that? That's got to be miserable just to even walk outside to go to work every day and do daily activities!" Then it hit me. Don't you think they think the same thing when they hear it's 110 degrees here? "How do they even bear to walk outside without bursting into flames?!" So, I guess everyone adapts to the climate in which they live. But, that sure doesn't mean that extreme heat advisories that are in effect 24/7 are cool...no pun intended.
Other than battling the extreme heat these days, things have been pretty normal around here. We have been busy just doing family things and hanging out with friends and trying to make a living. Work is keeping Joey and me both busy, but we are managing just fine.
God is good, all the time.
New Styles at Anthropologie
8 hours ago

1 comment:
I can't even remember what it feels like to be in weather that hot...now we whine about the 85 degree days as being hot up here!
Post a Comment