It's hard, folks. This life is just tough. Let me put something in perspective for you: I have NEVER been the type to let stress affect my appetite. No matter how stressful my life may be-school, work, wedding, funerals, drama-I have always managed to get down the goodies of Southern food. However, in the past couple of months, this has changed. The good news is my clothes no longer fit, so I have a great excuse to go shopping! So, on that note, life is stressful.
However, through it all, I am ok. God is SO good. Throughout the past year, I have grown so much stronger in my faith. My parents always taught me right - how to pray and go to church and care for others and all the goodness of Jesus, to which I say to them THANK YOU!!! Now that I am a grown woman, it is a beautiful thing to see from the inside out and to feel from the inside out in a whole different perspective; in a whole new light. It's something I cannot describe, and I think I would just be a jumbled mess of strung-together words if I tried. I have really gotten into some good Christian music. I LOVE the feeling it gives me and the uplifting words found in music.
Psalm 98:4: Make a joyful noise unto the Lord; all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.
Some recent songs I have come across are ones that I listen to every day: on the way to work, on the way home from work, at home, wherever. I just can't get enough. I don't want enough. I just want more. I want so badly to live for Jesus and to glorify HIM throughout my pain and my heartache. I want God's will to be done in my life, and I have a total peace that it will be. In reading His Word, I am more comforted in the fact that I am never alone. Ever. As lonely as this world feels sometimes, and as hard as it is to get through every day, He is with me every step of the way. Thank you, Jesus, for never leaving my side.
I would love to type out all these lyrics in all these songs that have helped me through a very dark time, but I know that's not logical. I also don't know how to upload videos...
"I was sure by now, God, that you would have reached down and wiped our tears away; stepped in and saved the day. But once again, I say Amen, and it's still raining. As the thunder rolls, I barely hear You whisper through the rain, 'I'm with you'. And as Your Mercy falls, I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away. And I'll praise You in this storm, and I will lift my hands. For You are who You are, no matter where I am. And every tear I've cried, You hold in your hand. You never left my side, and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm."
Guys, as hard as life may be, this life is not permanent. We are not here forever. And, oh the gloriousness of being in the eternal presence of our Savior?!?! We live this life until we are called Home. And then it is nothing but happiness and joy and beauty. Hallelujah!

1 comment:
You are my life, Bestie! This too shall pass...not without a lot of sucky heartbreak, but God will get you through it. You are a STRONG beautiful woman and I love you. Prayers are continuously coming your way. LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment