After almost 5 months of not blogging, I am BACK! (The theme song to Welcome Back Kotter is playing in my head). There is absolutely no way I can detail the last 5 months to you. If you read my last post from August, you can assume it's been pretty interesting. Tough, heartbreaking, enlightening, happy and spiritual are just a few adjectives. BUT - now it's time for a new start. It's a new year, it's a new me, and I have a new outlook on life. "It's a new dawn. It's a new day. It's a new life for me. And I'm feeling good."
First of all, let me tell you that you are looking at (metaphorically speaking, I guess more like looking at the words of) a person who is Exhibit A of how amazing the Lord I serve can be. I hope I never peak during my spiritual walk, because once you peak, there's no topping it. But I have grown more than I ever thought possible throughout the last year and a half, but more through the last 6 months. I still struggle. I still fail. Who doesn't? I'm not perfect, nor do I ever expect to be. I make mistakes. I give people reasons to judge. But who really has the audacity...the right...to judge me besides my God? I know what is in my heart and my soul. I know the people in this world I want to prove that to; the people in this world that I love; the people in this world that I want to be proud of me. But most of all, I want the Good Lord to be proud of me. It is overwhelming, I mean OVERWHELMING, at the fact of how much He loves me and loves you, too. When I hit bottom, He's there to pick me up. When I fail, He forgives me. When I forget, He reminds me. And when I am weak, He gives me His strength. I can say I have honestly felt the Strength of God within me, and it's a feeling I am so thankful for and so blessed to know - something I would not have been able to do without and get where I am today. He is stronger than I can wrap my head around, and I am forever thankful He loves me the way He does.
Ok, I'm done preaching now.
Like I said, because it's been so long since I've blogged, I can't really layout the past 5 months - not without writing a novel, and let's face it, who wants that?! So, I'll try to hit the highlights:
You know, when times get tough, you really find out who is there for you. Who loves you no matter what and loves you through the low times. I must say that I have some of the BEST friends I could ever imagine. I know we all think we have the best, and if you feel that way, I am beyond ecstatic for you. That sisterly bond you have with your best girl friends is hard to come by and something not everyone has.

I am finally at the point now where I can talk about LSU football without bursting into tears. I must say, even though we lost the BCS, I am still proud to be a Tiger Fan. I'm not a bandwagon fan, so I'm not jumping off just because Mr. Miles decided to go cray-cray during the most important game of the season. Nonetheless, football season was a blast and a half...probably one of the most fun seasons I've had in a while. I got to spend a lot of time with Robbie, and we always have a good time. I also got in some time with my precious girls that I love so much.
The LSU/Arkansas game was the first one of the WHOLE SEASON Dad and Carol could go to because of his campaign stuff (see below for that). Robbie and I were lucky enough to sit with them for their first game, and share another victory together in Tiger Stadium.In the midst of it all, let's not forget a HUGE event in my family's life: The campaign for your District 12 State Representative! Dad worked so incredibly hard, and a daughter could not be more proud of her dad than I am of mine. If I've said it once, I've said it a million times - my father is my true, real-life hero, and I am so thankful for him. (I am blessed with an amazing earthly father, as well as a Heavenly Father who loves me unconditionally. Pretty special, huh?) Anyway, I had a great time helping Dad campaign. We did parades and receptions and ballgames. Carol was a champ, too. She was incredible throughout the campaign process!

Ginger and Brice has tshirts that said "Pops is tops"....that's what they call Dad - "Pops". Cute, right? I know.Dad and his 3 children the night after the big win.
The primary election was on October 22. Dad and one of his two opponents got in a run off that was November 19. Thankfully, Dad came out on top. Yay!

Ginny, Robbie and I got to accompany Dad and Carol to the Governor's Ball on January 8 in Baton Rouge. All I can say is W-O-W. It was so cool, and even more awesome to get to share it with my family.I am not making any promises on frequency, but I do promise that I am going to try to start posting more. I know you are all just BURSTING at the seams to know what's going on in Sarah's world. :)
Until next time,
SJ




3 comments:
I am over the moon that you have re-entered the blog world! I love doing life with you and can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you, Sarah Jean! LOVE YOU!
Hello sweet Sarah,
I enjoyed reading this post. I am so rubbish at the moment at keeping up with mine. I cant seem to find a spare moment to sit and blog! Maybe soon. You are in my heart and my thoughts, my prayers are with you often. Love you girlie. Allenia
So proud and inspired by your love for Christ!! Keep seeking Him and all else falls into place!!! :)
Post a Comment