6/29/15

Two Years

Although it feels like it's been two years since I posted, that's not what the title indicates.  Today marks two years that this man changed my life.  And my name. 
 
 So much has happened in two years.  The biggest being that we became a family of 5. 
If you are a parent, you know parenting is hard.  You also know that having a newborn can be a trying experience as well.  At least you know if you have a baby in any way similar to ours and that would call for some terminology stronger than a "trying experience".  Throw that on top of the given challenges that come with blended families, and you've got yourself one heck of a book to write.
 
Through it all though, this man, my husband, never gave up the fight.  He has supported, encouraged, talked and taught me so much more than I could have ever known.  Even though sometimes I didn't (and still don't) want to talk it out or want to be made aware of my shortfalls, he holds my hand and loves me through it all.  Through the tears and hormone-induced ugly cries; through the sleepless nights and crazy talk that comes as a result; through my stubbornness and learning how to be a mom...He's there for it all.  He may be secretly wanting to run and hide, but he doesn't let on to it.  He's always there, helping me pick up the pieces that I leave scattered all over our house because I will now forever have "mommy brain".  I'll get it together one day.  Maybe.  Even if not though, I know my man will still be there through it all. 
 
Our first anniversary we spent with me being 20 months pregnant and probably not the most pleasant person to be around.  Today, on our second anniversary, we will spend it at the ball fields watching the oldest play baseball as I tend to a very active and demanding 11 month old.  It's not the ideal way most people dream of spending their anniversaries, but I get to spend it with the one man that makes it possible and  with our family...being a family.  And that's good enough for me. 
 
Just today, on the morning of celebrating year #2, I heard this song for the very first time:
 
"I'm gonna walk like I've walked down the aisle my whole life.  Giving it all to you.  Know I'm yours for worse or for better. I say I do, but I will forever." 
 
Jason, I will spend every day of my life walking to you.  Even though some days my all isn't that great, I will always give everything I have to you and only you.  And that, my sweet husband, is a promise.  I love you more today than I did 730 days ago when I gave you my forever.  Thank you for loving me back, through the good and the bad, and for always playing catch with me. 

1 comment:

Hannah Lee said...

Oh, so sweet and such a beautiful post! Y'all deserve all the happiness in the world. And, there is no doubt you will have it! Love y'all and Happy Anniversary :)