8/21/08

Thank God for the sand and ocean!

Be glad I still have this because my computer was about 3 seconds away from being thrown through this brick wall sitting in front of me. I was almost finished typing a post and then somehow it all got deleted. BIG bummer. Let's try this again.

I was waiting to post anything about our beach trip until I got some pictures on my computer. Some friends of our, Paige, DJ, and their 3-year-old Baily, were planning a vacation and were nice enough to invite us to come along. We had originally planned to go to South Padre Island in Texas, but the oh-so-wonderful hurricane decided to change our plans for us. So after much headache and with the phones glued to our ears, Paige and I finally found a place at Surfside Shores in Gulf Shores. Nice place, but the cleaning service was terrible. We pretty much had to clean our condo ourselves when we got there...I feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about it so I'm doing myself a favor and not get into all that mess. However, we had a great time with them and were so gracious we got to go.















This is Baily and me. She definitely kept us entertained for the trip.
The only downside to the trip? I was sick the whole entire time. We left on a Wednesday morning and that Tuesday night, I spent the night in the bathroom hugging the toilet. (Gross, I know, sorry.) I was exhausted traveling on Wednesday. I barely had an appetite but I still managed to eat little somethings because the food is so wonderful down there! I just couldn't pass up that great seafood. The first night I actually slept through the night was the Sunday night we got back to Ruston. Figures, huh? I have no idea what it was. I thought some 24-hour thing but it lasted for 4 days instead. But I am feeling much better now and fortunately did not pass my sickness along to the others.

We ate at the Oyster House and it was amazing.  It was some of the best seafood I have ever had and the most wonderful salad bar EVER! I did manage to shove some of this down. :)  We also went to Waterville, the waterpark they have there. And for all of you waterpark-goers out there - take your money for this. It was soo expensive!! Defintely threw us for a loop when we paid a small fortune to enter this park that should have had some type of slide made of gold or something. It was fun though. I was able to supress my aching stomach to get our money's worth of the slides, and they were actually really fun! There was only one big blue slide I did not do. It went straight down and looked like a 90 degree angle with the ground. No thanks. Baily, however, did not like the waterpark so much. It took some major coaxing just to get her in the lazy river. She wanted to stay where all the baby (baby, not kiddie) slides were. But that's ok, she had fun when she was there.
So, all in all, we had a great trip. Thanks to the Bowers for inviting us! Now, it's back to reality and preparing for school to start in a couple of weeks. I'll be in touch!

1 comment:

Hannah Lee said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Those pictures with Baily are precious!