12/11/09

Creative title goes here......

TGIF!!!!! I am so glad it's Friday...for 2 reasons:

1. Joey has been gone since Sunday (well Monday really, but I haven't seen him since Sunday) and he is on his way home as we speak!!! YIPEEE!!

2. Friday means it's the weekend and we have a busy one coming! Christmas parade tonight, Dad and Carol's Christmas party right after, and JPS' (Joey's work) Christmas party tomorrow night. With all of these Christmas activies going on, it sure puts me in the holiday spirit!

On that note, Joey and I are not decorating for Christmas this year. I know, it sounds crazy, but hear me out. Even though we do own our own home and Joey does live there, I do not live there yet. We are going to wait until next year as it will be our first Christmas as husband and wife in that house. It will make it all that more special and I'm already looking forward to it!! (I know, don't wish my life away, right?) So, anywho, it is kind of sad seeing everyone putting their lights up and getting their trees situated. But, I have been helping Dad and Carol decorate their stuff so I can enjoy it this year instead of my own. I always decorated my own place every year, so it's sad not having anything to "personalize", but it will come with time.

Since Joey has been out of town this week, I have had the opportunity to get a lot of wedding stuff done. The last major things I have is to book a caterer and order the invitations. I have gotten quotes back and had NO IDEA THAT CATERERS WERE SO EXPENSIVE!!!!! Holy moly, that was a total shock to me. So I'm working and negotiating trying to get that un-godly figure down. I have found the invitations that I want, now it's a matter of finalizing the guest list so I know how many to order. I have ordered lots of stuff for the reception this week and gotten more than half of the centerpieces taken care of. But, I'm not going to give you too many details because you'll have to wait and see! :)

I have been trying to get Nick on a very strict diet and it has been quite the challenge. For those of you who know, stop reading. For those of you who don't, Nick is my 12-year old 23-pound cat, aka my baby. We've been through it all and he really is like my child. But, alert the media because he has finally started loosing weight. I have been really watching how much I feed him and not just throwing food in there because I'm in a hurry. He is getting older, and I can't imagine life without him, so I want him to be as healthy as possible!

Yes, he takes up half of my bed. And I love it. He's the best snuggle partner.


And this is just because I think my nephew is so darn cute. They sure do grow up fast!

I hope everyone is well and safe. Enjoy the Christmas season, for it is a magical time of year!

No comments: