5/5/11

The Majors

I feel like I'm always saying things are so busy, but they really are! Then, I get a glimpse into someone else's life that is WAY busier than mine, and I am brought back down to reality, and then I'm thankful. I'm thankful we have such great friends and family to share our lives with that keep us so busy. I'm thankful we both have good, reliable jobs that keep us busy. We're young; we can handle it. :)

So here's what's been going on in a nutshell:

1. On April 7, Carols' dad, my step-grandfather, went to the hospital for some routine heart tests. Not long after that, he was diagnosed with Acute Leukemia. He started rounds of chemo, but his heart just couldn't take it. He is still in the hospital, almost a month to the day later, and still fighting. I ask for your prayers for Carol and our family as she and her birth family are struggling with the steady decline of their father.




2. Another one of my BFF's got hitched in April. We went from this...

to this.....



Photo is courtesy of Kasey Stringer.


Congratulations to Crystal and Chris. Crystal, I love you so dearly, and I am more than excited that Chris is now part of our family.

I'm pretty sure my washing machine magically spits out the clean clothes back into the dirty clothes basket because I swear it's a never-ending process. It's just two of us. How in the WORLD do we have so much dirty laundry? (No pun intended. I'm seriously meaning clothes, here.)

Life is good. We are good. God is good.

3 comments:

Hannah Lee said...

The life of my busy bestie! I am so glad to see that life is full and happy, even if it is a little hectic at times. Can't wait to see you soon! LOVE YOU and thanks for sharing what's going on with you.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Happy Anniversary!

rmbmajor said...

Haha! I saw your blog title and thought you had written a blog about my family, while flattered I was somewhat bewildered and then read and realized it had nothing to do with me. LOL..so jealous of the beach trip, can't wait for mine!!! Congrats to your hubby!