5/11/11

Prayers

In my last post, I told y'all about Carol's dad. Well, he joined the others we have lost next to our Father last Thursday. We had visitation Saturday and the funeral Sunday. As far as funerals go, I guess it was good. Dad spoke and he did an amazing job, just as he always does. It's been a tough 4 weeks for Carol and her family.

Then on Monday, we learned that my great Uncle Johnnie, Dad's only uncle, passed away. Uncle Johnnie was always so involved in our lives and it was so evident that he loved us all so dearly and wanted to be there for everything. He was a big part of my dad's life as well as a part of mine, Robbie's, Ginny's and Shelby's. He was diagnosed with a lung disorder a couple of months ago, and I guess the Lord was ready for him to come Home. That doesn't change the hurt here, though. Both of these men will be greatly missed.

My family needs prayers, please. My Aunt Joy has now lost a sister and a husband within 8 months of each other. My dad has lost a mom, father-in-law and only uncle within 8 months of each other.

Lord, please comfort us in a way that only You can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to pop in and say I love you!