2/22/10

Baby Numbero Dos for the Year

Our dear friends Jesse and Stephen had their first child last week. Chandler Hodges Bullock entered this world on February 17, 2010 at 12:45, 7 lbs, 4 oz., and 19 inches long and a spitting image of his father (sorry, Jesse, but it's the truth!). My work was nice enough to let me take off half a day since they were in Shreveport, so Joey and I got to spend the afternoon with them and the newborn. He is so sweet. I only wish they lived closer so I could see and love on him every day.
My brother knew we were going to visit them and the baby, and wrote me an email that said something along the lines of "don't let all your friends having babies pressure you to reproduce in any way. Please avoid the baby fever." He's a mess. And, I PROMISE, there are NO worries there. I like holding everyone else's :)

Joey and I gave him this LSU onesie and hat. Geaux Tigers!

We were able to go back over to Shreveport on Saturday. We went out to eat with the new parents while the new Mamaw watched the new baby. We had a great time, and after, I got to love on Chandler some more.
I helped give one of my besties a shower on Saturday afternoon. Hillery is getting married April 24, and this weekend we got to shower her with lots of love, gifts and a ton of food! It was quite a success and I'm so happy to do this for Hill. She's a great woman and a great friend, and I'm honored to be a part of her Big Day, and for her to be part of mine, too!
Sunday we went to a Home Expo in Monroe. It was at the civic center and had all these booths set up for people who want to remodel their home or build. We've decided we're building cabinets in our house so that was our main goal. It was actually a lot more interesting than I thought. I learned a lot and got to spend some QT with Joey, which I can never get enough of.
Happy Monday!

No comments: