There's a host of hurts we come across
None of which alike
From the air inside the birthing room
To the darkness where we die
Though I feel I'm just as strong as any man I know
I'm not able on my own
Carry round the secrets
Only heaven knows
Crawl into our darkened rooms where only victims go
Though I feel I'm strong enough to carry all this load
I'm not able on my own
Needtobreathe - Able
None of which alike
From the air inside the birthing room
To the darkness where we die
Though I feel I'm just as strong as any man I know
I'm not able on my own
Carry round the secrets
Only heaven knows
Crawl into our darkened rooms where only victims go
Though I feel I'm strong enough to carry all this load
I'm not able on my own
Needtobreathe - Able
This song means so much to me today for several reasons, those of which I would not like to detail for everyone in cyber space to know. I'll just say today is different. Not necessarily hard, just a little weird.
As far as the song above, I don't think I can handle everything on my own...I know I can't. But, because I am human, my mortal state of mind leads me to believe sometimes I can...sometimes I AM strong enough. No sir, not this girl, and I'm not ashamed to say so. Not now, not ever. The ONLY reason I have strength to push through the hardships thrown my way is solely from above.
Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
John 15:5 - "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."
John 15:5 - "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."
A couple of Sundays ago in church, the preacher used the analogy of a cell phone. How many of us have a cell phone that you can use indefinitely without having to charge it? I don't, and I'm willing to bet you don't either. Sometimes all it takes it pushing ONE BUTTON for the cell phone to go kaput and die. Why are we any different? We all fight constant battles with the enemy, sometimes worse than others. And at times, I feel that if just one more things happens, if one more of my buttons is pushed, I'm officially going to lose it. Oh, how comforting it is to know we have the Ultimate Power Source to recharge our battery? I know the enemy will constantly push my buttons, but he has NO power over me.
I need You Jesus to come to my rescue
Where else can I go?
There's no other Name by which I am saved
Capture me with grace
I will follow You
My heart is Yours for life
I need Your hand in mine
No one else will do
Lord, I put my trust in You
Newsong - Rescue
Where else can I go?
There's no other Name by which I am saved
Capture me with grace
I will follow You
My heart is Yours for life
I need Your hand in mine
No one else will do
Lord, I put my trust in You
Newsong - Rescue
There are so many thoughts I have, and it usually does help me to write them out. But right now, I am at a loss. It's almost frustrating because I know what I want to convey, but I just can't seem to find the right words. Maybe it's not meant to be. Maybe it's just meant to be in my head and in my heart for now. I just know that God is good, so good, all the time. Without Him, well....it scares me to even think where I would be.

1 comment:
You are wise beyond your years, Sweet Sarah! You are so right to be trusting in the only One that can help! I'm here and I love you.
Post a Comment