3/12/12

Robert E. Shadoin

As of today, March 12, 2012, Dad has officially started his first ever session in the capitol of Louisiana as your District 12 State Representative. I seriously feel like my heart may overflow when I type that...

I am beyond ecstatic for Dad. This is something he is so deserving of, and something I KNOW he will be great at. His wisdom is something I don't think I'll ever be able to touch. His thought process is so thorough and detailed. He also always carries a sense of humor, which I know will help lighten the mood when the tension levels rise, which we know they will in B.R.

I have watched him pray through this whole experience, and as a daughter, it has been so inspiring. From the decision to run or not, through the campaign and election, through the swearing in ceremonies, and now as he prepared to travel to Baton Rouge for the session to begin. His faith is so strong, and He relies solely on the Grace of God to help him through when he doesn't know what tomorrow holds. It's a new experience - we all fret when new things happen sometimes. Having to go through all the "firsts" of any experience usually gets the blood pumping a little bit and the adrenalin running. But, my oh-so-wise father has always told me that it's good to have butterflies and feel nervous sometimes, that means you care.

Please join me in praying for Dad as he embarks on such an incredible journey - one that holds such high regard and is so....big. I don't know how many people live in District 12, but I do know that the one man I look up to most in this world is the voice for ALL of those people.

When I walked into the House on January 9 and saw "Shadoin" on that board, it hit. Like whoa, that's my Dad's name up there!!
The entrance to the House Floor.
Now THIS is cool. Dad's name plate at his very own desk on the House Floor. That's pretty official right there.
This was at one of the ball's we went to the night before.
Dad's office in Union Parish

Jindal and the first lady of Louisiana with Dad and the first lady of District 12. :)
Leaving the Capitol
The 3 Shadoin children with Dad after the inauguration in Baton Rouge. We are 3 proud kiddos!
I laughed at this part....all of the representatives did this together. The chairman led by saying "please raise your right hand" etc., and "Repeat after me: I, state your name, do..." I laughed because I could just hear Dad saying "I, state your name,..." instead of "I, Rob Shadoin,..." That's just the sense of humor I was telling you about. I know he wouldn't have done that at such a solemn occasion, but I'm willing to bet the same thought crossed his mind.
Another cool thing was that they allowed all representatives who had children or grandchildren under the age of 12 join them on the floor. Brice and Ginger sat with Pops and Gammy during the whole ceremony. What an experience for them!!
Then on February 24, swearing in ceremonies were held in District 12 in Lincoln and Union Parishes. This was so the people who elected Dad to this position could be a part of the process as well. I didn't get to make the one for Lincoln Parish because of work, but I did make Union. It was pretty neat, and much more personal than the huge one in Baton Rouge. Judge Wayne Smith swore Dad in, but not without reminiscing about the days when he and Dad were law partners and some of the memories they have made over the 20+ something years. Very awesome.
Carol giving Dad his lapel pin. Only the important folks get those.
On the left is Dad's legislative secretary. On the right is his legal secretary.
And this is today!!!! Carol went with Dad to Baton Rouge for the start of the session. I can't take credit for these pictures, (well, for any in this post as a matter of fact) they are straight from Carol. I wish I was there to see this and see how it works. Hopefully I will be able to get down there before it closes in June to witness my dad at work!
Getting their mind's right!
So, here's to you, Daddy. I pray for you every single day of my life, and I will continue to do so. I know there are people all over this great state lifting your name up in prayer, and I have complete faith that God will answer and lead you in the right direction when it comes to voting and speaking for our people. I have NO DOUBT you will do a fantastic job as our representative. I love you more than you'll ever know, and I am forever thankful I am your daughter.

1 comment:

Rocky Stueart said...

Great job Sarah. Enjoy reading your posts. I know you are proud of your dad and I also know he is proud of you and your brother and sister. I know Rob will do a wonderful job for the district.

Looking forward to your next post.