Anyway -
On my way to work this morning I created a new station on my Pandora app. That station was Abba. Yes, "Dancing Queen", "Fernando", "Take a Chance on Me" Abba. It then proceeded to play Fleetwood Mac, Carly Simon, Elton John, and then this:
It took all the strength I had not to fall apart
Kept trying hard to mend the pieces of my broken heart
And I spent oh so many nights just feeling sorry for myself
I used to cry, but now I hold my head up high
Weren't you the one who tried to break me with goodbye
Did you think I'd crumble; Did you think I'd lay down and die
Oh no, not I. I will survive
Oh, as long as I know how to love I know I'll stay alive
I've got all my life to live. I've got all my love to give
And I'll survive.
I will survive. HEY HEY!!!
Kept trying hard to mend the pieces of my broken heart
And I spent oh so many nights just feeling sorry for myself
I used to cry, but now I hold my head up high
Weren't you the one who tried to break me with goodbye
Did you think I'd crumble; Did you think I'd lay down and die
Oh no, not I. I will survive
Oh, as long as I know how to love I know I'll stay alive
I've got all my life to live. I've got all my love to give
And I'll survive.
I will survive. HEY HEY!!!
Thank you, Gloria Gaynor, for reminding me that I, too, WILL survive, and for putting a little pep in my step on this glorious Friday. (I also love the fact I can entertain myself and have a great time. I'm glad I can laugh at myself and admit my goofiness - it makes life much more fun.)
And, in case you're interested, my Pandora radio station is currently on Michael Jackson. I know, shocker. Can I just say that "Blame it on the Boogie" and "Beat It" make for great listening music as I make my way towards 5:00 and the weekend? (Pandora is great because it plays more than just the artist you put in...you get a variety which I, of course, love.)
Happy Friday!
SJ
And, in case you're interested, my Pandora radio station is currently on Michael Jackson. I know, shocker. Can I just say that "Blame it on the Boogie" and "Beat It" make for great listening music as I make my way towards 5:00 and the weekend? (Pandora is great because it plays more than just the artist you put in...you get a variety which I, of course, love.)
Happy Friday!
SJ

1 comment:
Girl...I can see you now swaying that long beautiful brown hair, cranking that volume UP, and singing these lyrics at the TOP of your lungs. And, boy, it makes me SMILE SO BIG! You are so right, you will survive and you have survived. I love you so, Bestie!
Post a Comment