Hi, my name is Sarah, and I love Michael Jackson.
No, like I seriously do. His music, his dancing, his Wii game - you name it, I love it.
When he died in 2009, to say I was upset wins the award for understatement of the year. (I was actually in line at Walmart when my Mom called and told me the news. I hauled it out of there and was home in front of my TV before you could say Billie Jean's not my lover. I didn't even unload the groceries I had just bought.) Then, when the movie This Is It came out, Jeni and I bought tickets two weeks in advance. And I rocked his CD I got for Christmas for months.
So, yes, I am a fan.
Well, in March of 2011, I found out that Cirque du Soleil was doing a Michael Jackson Immortal tour and would be in New Orleans in February of 2012. I immediately told Jeni about it, and before the sun set that same night, we had bought our tickets. That's right, a year in advance. To a Cirque du Soleil Michael Jackson show. Holler atcha girls.
It was February 15th at the New Orleans Arena. It was a quick trip - we left that morning, show that night, and came back the next day. But Oh My Lanta, it was SO worth it.
So, yes, I am a fan.
Well, in March of 2011, I found out that Cirque du Soleil was doing a Michael Jackson Immortal tour and would be in New Orleans in February of 2012. I immediately told Jeni about it, and before the sun set that same night, we had bought our tickets. That's right, a year in advance. To a Cirque du Soleil Michael Jackson show. Holler atcha girls.
It was February 15th at the New Orleans Arena. It was a quick trip - we left that morning, show that night, and came back the next day. But Oh My Lanta, it was SO worth it.
I was going to wear this shirt but thought that may be a little extreme.
The Dome all lit up on our walk to the Arena.
They were SUPER DUPER particular about taking pictures inside the arena. One lady in front of us had her phone out as the lights started to dim, and the usher guy came and gave her a "look". That was the first and last time she brought out her phone! Anyway, I did manage to get one shot of Jeni and me. I think we are about to BURST with excitement!
As Jeni and I were walking to our seats, we realized/remembered we had awesome seats! We both looked at each other and came to the conclusion we were very glad we splurged a year ago when we bought these!
I have never been to a Cirque show before. Ladies and Gents, let me just tell you - GO!!!! It was so amazing, and I can't wait to see another one. The talent, the dancing, the music, the acrobats, all of it was just mind-blowing.
We had a great trip, and a great time together. Mindy, her two-year-old son and two dogs rode back with us the next day, so the ride home was pretty entertaining.
Yay for girl time on road trips!
Ok, I was able to sneak this one. You can't really see, but it's as good as I could get considering the circumstances.
I have never been to a Cirque show before. Ladies and Gents, let me just tell you - GO!!!! It was so amazing, and I can't wait to see another one. The talent, the dancing, the music, the acrobats, all of it was just mind-blowing.
We had a great trip, and a great time together. Mindy, her two-year-old son and two dogs rode back with us the next day, so the ride home was pretty entertaining.
Yay for girl time on road trips!

No comments:
Post a Comment